Sunday, August 15, 2010

Practice Run

On Wednesday I'll be taking my Girl Scout Brownie troop on their first real camping trip.  Its been planned for months, of course I had no idea Tinker Bell would come to stay just a few days prior.  So today I had a bunch of running around and shopping to do in preparation , so I left her with hubby for several hours to see how it would go.  Luckily things went well and she is really adaptable.  Of course all he had to do was feed her lunch and it was time for her nap, but I'm sure he'll do fine while we're gone, its not like he hasn't taken care of a toddler before.  She seems to pick her favorite person of the day and wants to be with and by that person constantly, but if they leave she moves down the list in order, usually its Lynsey first, then me, Josh and either Cory or hubby come in last depending on her mood. 

The newness of being a big sister is starting to wear off for Lynsey and she gave Tinker a few brush offs today, which has turned her attention towards me.  So today she wanted to be with me and in my lap all day, in fact I stepped out on to the deck for just a few minutes today and she cried for me until I returned.  Today was another quiet and normal day.  We are expecting her Caseworker to stop by tomorrow with the placement agreement and maybe find out more information on the plan for her big sister.  I sure hope nothing changes with that situation while we're camping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment