Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nekked Baby;-)

Got up early this morning to start getting ready for Girl Scout camp and Tinker Bell's case aid to come over.  I was the first one up and went to check on Tinker, and what did I see???  Yeap, a naked baby, she had stripped off everything including her diaper, and was sleeping on her tummy with her little butt in the air.  It was actually cute, but the bed wasn't wet yet, so I'm suspecting she had woken up for a little bit earlier and decided to get herself ready for the day, but that was as far as she could get on her own, lol.  I went ahead and woke her up then before the bed did become wet. 

We still haven't heard from her Caseworker or gotten a placement agreement, but her case aid (also called a Teaching Parent) called yesterday and asked to stop by just for a visit with her.  She is the one that takes her to and supervisies the visits with her parents.   The visit has been cancelled again for this week, but she wanted to make sure that she kept in touch with Tinker so that she will remember her and not be upset when eventually visits resume and she has to come pick her up, that was very thoughtful of her. 

Of course nothing is ever carved in stone, but I asked her case aid today, if considering the current situation if its safe to assume she'll be here at least a few months and start purchasing her fall wardrobe when I take the kids back to school shopping next week, and she nodded an unequicocal "yes". 

I've learned one more lesson from Tink, be sure to wait at least 1 hour after dinner before bathtime, unless you like fising out brown floaters from the bathtub and re-running the water;-)


Me and Lynsey are leaving for Girl Scout camp in about 2 hours.  That will leave 1 man, 2 teens and a baby for 3 days and two nights.  Of course I think grandma might stop by to lend a hand tomorrow, and I'll only be 10 miles up the road if I want or need to run home briefly.  Luckily myself and both of my co-leaders will be there, and since we are only required to have two leaders for supervision ratio at any time, it will give us a little flexibility if any of us need to run home briefly. 

I'll write more when we return.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment