Monday, September 20, 2010

Nothing much happening

I haven't posted in a few weeks, as there hasn't been much happening.  Tinker Bell didn't have a visit last week because she was sick.  The Dr. diagnosed it as Pink eye, but I honestly think it was a wrong diagnosis.  We all ended up with a cold within days of her getting sick, and while her eye was red for a bit, it never progressed like conjuctivitis normally does, even with medicine.  But she apparently remembers her time in the hospital and totally freaked when the doctor came in the examination room, and honestly the only thing she (the doc) was able to see was the redness in her eye, she wasn't cooperating no how, no way.  I think it was one of those diagnosis where it was safer to err on the side of caution than not treat it and have her spread it.  She's fine now, with just a little nasal congestion left, that I've wondered might be some seasonal allergies, but I guess it will take a little time to figure that out. 

We really love this little girl, but man does she run us ragged.  She is not the type of child that is content to get involved with a single activity and follow through for a bit, I mean not even 5 minutes.  I spent an hour and a half today after I got off work just letting her walk our property and following close behind thinking she'd get tired at some point, but no, I was the one getting tired.  And a couple odd things I've noticed, she doesn't cry and get upset over things like most 20 month old babies do.  She goes full tilt, falls, bangs her head, eats a mouth full of dirt from falling, yet she doesn't respond like you would expect most toddlers to.  She doesn't like dirt on her and will come show you until you clean it off, but fall off the swing and eat a mouth full of dirt, no crying, not upset at all unless she can't get the dirt off of herself easily.  It's just odd behavior in my experience, I would expect just a little bit of crying or tears, but we get none.   My years of experience and knowlege with children tells me that this could be an early sign of ADHD, yet I don't want to mentally put a diagnosis on her while she is still so young.  So for now she is our Spirited Girl....

No comments:

Post a Comment