Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nekked baby take 2!!!

Only this time it was in public!  More on that later.......

Friday was Tinker's first "Family" visit since coming to stay with us.  Family visit is one visit day of the month that the whole family is scheduled to be together, Tinker, her mom and dad and two siblings who both live with different family members.  Well, mom and dad didn't make it, one sibling was sick and didn't make it and the other did.  So she had a chance to play with her oldest sissy for a little while before coming back home.  Not sure what mom and dad's story was, I'm just glad that Tinker is not old enough to know when she is being stood up by her own parents.

She did good when she came home from her visit with sissy, none of the manic acting out that we saw on Monday after the visit with mom and dad.  She ate and took her nap and headed out with us after I got off work to take the other kids back to school shopping.

As we are driving to the mall, she decides to take her shoes and socks off, this bothers Lynsey a lot so she tries to put them back on her.  I finally told her to leave them off or else she would just be putting them back on a hundred times before we got there.  When we finally arrive I attempt the shoes and socks again, but she rips the first sock off before I can even get the shoe on.  So being the mom, I make the executive decision that she is going to go into the mall barefooted since she will be in the stroller the entire time and its better than risking her pulling off her new shoes and socks in the mall and we loose them without realizing it.

She did really good at the mall, as long as we were moving.  There were lots of things to look at and occasionally touch.  Then we got to the last stop, the shoe store.  The boys were picking out the shoes they wanted to try on, getting measured, waiting for the right size to come from the back and I guess Miss Tinker Bell got bored.  I look down in the stroller and she has somehow managed to get her jeans off despite being buckled into the stroller with a 3 point fastener (she must be made of rubber).  I unbuckle her, stand her up and try to get the jeans back on, she yanks them from me saying "uhuh"... Then she tries to climb out, has a fit because I won't let her out and won't cooperate at all with getting the jeans back on.  So I make executive decision number 2 (not a good one).  To heck with the jeans, this is the last stop at the mall, its warm inside and out, she's got a diaper on and covered and after all she's still a baby.  So I chuck the jeans in the basket under the stroller and we complete the shoe purchase.

By this time we are at the opposite end of the mall from where we came in at and have to walk all the way to where we are parked.  We're making good progress, when suddenly I noticed people looking at us strangely, people were chuckling, pointing, giggling.  I take inventory of what's around me trying to figure it out, when I realize they are looking at Tinker.  I stop the stroller and walk around front where I can get a better look............Yeap, you guessed it, she's done ripped the diaper off, is sitting there butt naked with her feet propped up on the stroller tray, waving to all the passerbys with her diaper in hand. 

I quickly grab the diaper and attempt to put it back on her, when I realize that she didn't just pull the tape loose (you can usually restick them) she tore the tabs off completely so there was no way to put it back on, plus we had accidently left the diaper bag in the van.  Think quick momma (as the ladies in the jewelry store we are standing in front of point and giggle).  "Somebody give me a bag" and Josh offers up his Aeropostale bag full of new t-shirts.  I set the bag in her lap, asked one of the boys to push the stroller so I could walk beside her and keep an eye on things.  The bag covered her well enough as long as she didn't try to move it, or empty Josh's new shirts on the ground and we made it back to the van in record time (still half lauging ourselves).  It takes a good kid to be a 15 year old boy, and willingly give up your new bag of clothes to cover a naked baby while you push her through the mall, hugs and thanks to my son Josh. 

When we got back to the van, it was a clean diaper, jeans, shoes and socks for that baby before taking them out to dinner.  With all the excitement of the day Tinker Bell slept good that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment